Join today and you will be supporting our campaign to restore and conserve the River Stour Navigation for the benefit of everyone.
MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL ONLINE – click here.
JOIN US! We would not be able to progress our aims without the support of our dedicated and enthusiastic members and volunteers.
As a member you will be supporting our aims and objectives. We hope that you will be able to actively participate by assisting and promoting our activities, events and projects.
You can make new friends and learn more about what we do by coming along to take part in our activities and members’ social events. You will receive a copy of our biannual magazine, Lock Lintel, and we will contact you about important news, progress and events during the year.
Lock Lintel – This is our biannual magazine that is sent to all our members. It contains news about the river, Trust activities and achievements as well as local interest articles. Click here to read some previous editions.
If you want to be an active member then we offer all kinds of activities:
- taking part in working parties at sites along the River Stour – click here
- crewing our trips boats based at Flatford/Dedham and Sudbury – click here
- helping in our riverside tea room at Sudbury – click here
- helping with our fund-raising events and activities – click here
- being a member of a committee to progress our aims – click here
- there are also many other ways to help and get involved such as helping to maintain our archives, manning a stand at shows/events, greeting and assisting visitors to our venues on open days, etc
COUNCIL – The River Stour Trust is set up as a charitable private company with our members awarding control of the company to the directors, who then run it to achieve the aims of the charity. In return members’ liability can only ever be £1, while directors are personally responsible for all company actions.
The directors must act collectively but only a simple majority is needed in their voting (article 50). Our articles allow not less than 2 and not more than 15 directors, who must be company members. The River Stour Trust requires all members of the Council to fulfill a specific role and responsibility, however small, in the actual management and development of the Trust. Click here to find out more (meeting dates, minutes, etc).
JOIN ONLINE – A quick, straightforward and completely secure alternative to postal applications.
- Click on the following link to complete Online Membership Application.
- Upon successful completion of the online application you will be able to pay your initial annual subscription online:
- £20.00 – Individual / Senior Citizen Couple
- £25.00 – Couple / Club
- £15.00 – Senior Citizen
- £40.00 – Corporate (up to 20 employees)
- £100.00 – Corporate (more than 20 employees)
JOIN BY POST / IN PERSON – You can download and print the required forms to send or give in person (see below) or contact us and we will send you the required forms.
- Download, print and complete the Membership Application Form (or contact us to request the form)
- Enclose your initial annual subscription payment with the completed application form and send to The Granary or Visitor Education Centre (please make cheque payable to ‘River Stour Trust’)
All membership applications are to be formally approved by the River Stour Trust Council and in the highly unlikely event that your application is not accepted then you will receive notification and a full refund of your initial subscription. We will reply to confirm receipt of your application as soon as possible.
The completion of the Gift Aid Declaration allows the Trust to benefit because we can reclaim up to an extra 25p for every £1 that is paid in subscriptions or donations at no additional cost to you! You need to be a UK tax payer paying an amount of Income Tax or Capital Gains Tax equal to the tax which will be reclaimed on your behalf (up to 25p for every £1).
- Download, print and complete the form to send in the post- click here.
- Complete the form online- click here.
You can download the following documents by clicking on the links below:
- River Stour Trust Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Guidance notes on the legal framework and rules within which the River Stour Trust operates
- Membership Application Form
- Gift Aid Declaration Form – or click here to complete the form online
- Voluntary Activities Form