We cannot progress our aims without the support of our dedicated and enthusiastic members and volunteers.
Our members support our aims and objectives towards the restoration, conservation and education of the Suffolk and Essex River Stour Navigation. We hope that you will be able to actively participate by assisting and promoting our activities, events and projects. You can make new friends and learn new skills when you take part in our range of activities.
Please note: Membership does not include use of the River Stour. If you would also like to register a craft for navigational use on the River Stour – find out more.
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP (minimum rates)
|ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP (minimum)||5 YEAR MEMBERSHIP (minimum)|
|Individual £20.00||Individual £100.00|
|Senior Citizen £15.00||Senior Citizen £75.00|
|Couple £25.00||Couple £125.00|
|Senior Couple £20.00||Senior Couple £100.00|
|Club Membership £25.00||Club Membership £125.00|
|Corporate (1-20 employees) £40.00||Corporate (1-20 employees) £200.00|
|Corporate (20+employees) £100.00||Corporate (20+employees) £500.00|
We will contact you about important news, progress and events during the year. Previous e:newsletters can be accessed via the E:News button >>>
If you want to be an active member then we offer all kinds of activities:
- taking part in working parties at sites along the River Stour – click here
- crewing our trips boats based at Flatford, Dedham and Sudbury – click here
- helping in our riverside tea room at Sudbury – click here
- helping with our fund-raising events and activities – click here
- getting involved with our educational activities – click here
- being a member of a committee to progress our aims – click here
- there are also many other ways to help and get involved such as helping to maintain our archives, manning a stand at shows/events, greeting and assisting visitors to our venues on open days, etc
JOIN BY POST / IN PERSON – You can download and print the required forms to send or give in person (see below) or contact us and we will send you the required forms.
- Download, print and complete the Membership Application Form (see foot of page or contact us to request the form)
- Enclose your initial annual subscription payment with the completed application form and send to The Granary or Visitor Education Centre (please make cheque payable to ‘River Stour Trust’)
All membership applications are to be formally approved by the River Stour Trust Council and in the highly unlikely event that your application is not accepted then you will receive notification and a full refund of your initial subscription. We will reply to confirm receipt of your application as soon as possible.
Gift Aid Declaration – We can reclaim up to an extra 25p for every £1 that is paid in subscriptions or donations at no additional cost to you! You need to be a UK tax payer paying an amount of Income Tax or Capital Gains Tax equal to the tax which will be reclaimed on your behalf (up to 25p for every £1).
- Download, print and complete the form to send in the post- click here.
- Complete the form online- click here.
You can download the following documents by clicking on the links below: