Passenger services were officially launched by River Stour Trust Vice President, Griff Rhys Jones, in May 2013.
Managing a Masterpiece – Lighter Restoration – find out more.
The John Constable Lighter is available between Sudbury, Great Cornard and Great Henny for private charters and as a ‘floating classroom’ for educational visits; subject to existing bookings and commitments.
There are a range of trips you can enjoy, such as:
- Return cruise to Great Henny where passengers can disembark to enjoy a meal at The Henny Swan
- A visit to our Visitor Education Centre to enjoy a picnic by the river
- River trip with tea and cake at The Granary Tea Room
- River trips for guests attending functions at RST venues or The Henny Swan
- We can make arrangements for gourmet picnics to be prepared for your party
The John Constable is an open boat so it is not covered in the event of rain during the cruise. A purpose-built canopy can be fitted before your journey to act as shelter from the rain or the sunshine.
All trips are dependent on availability, weather and river conditions. The John Constable is particularly susceptible to bad weather/stream conditions and trips could be cancelled at short notice to ensure the safety of our passengers and volunteers. Our boats only operate within civil twilight hours for safety and insurance reasons.
Half Day (up to 4 hours) – £200.00
Full Day (up to 8 hours) – £400.00
ALL ENQUIRIES: 01787 313199
Visit TripAdvisor to read the reviews and/or leave your own comments.