GALLERY: To view images of The Granary – click here.
The Granary is an approved venue for civil ceremonies and our first floor function room, The Barratt Room, can accommodate up to 80 guests for a ceremony, 70 guests for a formal seated meal or 100 guests (mixed occupancy).
Our packages include a fully staffed, stocked and licensed pay bar (excluding The Granary Civil Wedding Ceremony). The River Stour Trust holds a premises licence for the Granary and in accordance with the Licensing Act 2003 all beers, wines, spirits, ciders and soft drinks dispensed must be supplied by or through the River Stour Trust.
An additional charge applies for the Registrar to perform the ceremony. Should you wish to hold your ceremony with us then please make sure that you also contact the Registry Office to discuss their charges, requirements and availability on the date you have chosen.
Sudbury Registration Office
Opening Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday* & Friday, 9.30am to 4pm
*Closed until 11.00am on the third Wednesday of every month
Address: The Town Hall, Old Market Place, Sudbury, CO10 1TL
Tel: 0345 607 2080
Current Wedding Hire Charges
- £2200.00 – The Rosette Wedding (Civil Wedding Ceremony & Reception with River Cruise)
- £1995.00 – The Barratt Wedding (Civil Wedding Ceremony & Reception without a boat)
- £1600.00 – The Granary Reception (Wedding Breakfast and/or Evening Reception)
- £780.00 – The Granary Civil Wedding* (Civil Marriage Ceremony or Civil Partnership)
Wedding packages are inclusive of:
- Access to The Granary throughout the whole day of the booking day (exclusions apply- see below)
- Access the day before and the following morning
- Tables and chairs (set up before and cleared away after your event)
- Use of our catering standard kitchen facilities
- A staffed, stocked and licensed pay bar for up to 6 hours (standard inclusive hours, 5pm-11pm)
- The Rosette Wedding Package also includes a crewed boat (more information – see below)
- The Granary Civil Wedding Package requires the premises to be vacated 2 hours after the ceremony.
- The Granary Civil Wedding Package does not include bar service/provision of drinks for which an additional charge applies
- The Rosette Wedding Package is inclusive of a crewed boat for 2 consecutive hours
- The Registrar will charge a fee to perform the ceremony (see contact details above)
- Please refer to our full list of services and facilities which may apply to your booking (click here)
The River Stour Trust holds a premises license for the Granary and in accordance with the Licensing Act 2003 all beers, wines, spirits, ciders and soft drinks dispensed there must be supplied by or through the River Stour Trust.
Please make your guests aware of our drinks policy. If drinks are found on our premises then the drinks deposit is potentially forfeited.
You are welcome to choose your own suppliers for catering, decorating, entertainment, etc and we can recommend suppliers familiar with our venue.
Your chosen supplier/s must be able to provide us with copies of relevant certificates/paperwork proving that they hold current:
- Public Liability Insurance
- PAT Testing Certificate/s (for any electrical equipment to be brought onto the site)
- In the case of food suppliers, they are registered with the environmental health service of their local authority and hold a Food Hygiene Rating score of 3 or more.
Click here to go back to main page for useful downloads/links and the online booking facility.
Please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your requirements further.