GALLERY: To view images of the Visitor Education Centre (VEC) – click here.
The main entrance at the front of the building is
accessible by a few steps or the wheelchair access ramp.
The ground floor comprises tiled function room, kitchen, three toilet areas and shower facilities.
A picnic and barbecue area has been created offering views of the river, countryside, Great Cornard Lock and the weir as well as the riverside walk that adjoins Dove House Meadow. There is access to landing stages, both upstream and downstream of the lock and in the mill race.
Overnight camping for small, organised groups (such as Duke of Edinburgh Award or canoe excursions) can be arranged.
- Ground-floor function room
- Picnic area
- Three toilet areas with PIR motion sensor lighting
- Shower facilities
- Capacity for up to 60 guests (max. 40 seated with tables)
- Tables and chairs (set up and cleared away by our staff)
- Basic kitchen with serving hatch (kettle, fridge, microwave, induction hob, electric oven and extractor fan, some basic crockery and cutlery)
- Numerous power-points and LED strip lighting
- Electric heating in foyer, function room and toilets
- Wall-mounted pull down projection screen
- Wireless internet connection
- Parking on site for at least 10 cars
- BBQ, Flipchart easel (with paper and pens), data projector and laptop all available for hire
- Optional talks and river trips can be arranged
We offer two hourly rates for those wishing to hire the VEC on weekdays (until 6pm) and weekends/evenings. A discounted rate can be offered for those hiring the venue on a regular basis. The hire period must include sufficient time to set up and clear away any items brought onto the premises. Please do not hesitate to contact us to verify date availability or to discuss your requirements further.
HOURLY RATE – WEEKDAYS (evening rate applies from 6pm or when included within first 3 hours of hire)
- Minimum charge (up to 3 hours) – £45.00
- Per Additional Half Hour (up to 30 mins) – £9.00
- Per Additional Hour (up to 60 mins) – £15.00
- Full Day (8 hours, ending no later than 6pm) – £100.00
HOURLY RATE – WEEKENDS & EVENINGS (evening rate applies from 6pm or when included within first 3 hours of hire)
- Minimum Charge (up to 3 hours) – £60.00
- Per additional Half Hour (up to 30 mins) – £12.00
- Per additional hour (up to 60 mins) – £20.00
- Full Day (8 hours) – £140.00
Please note: should hire period fall between daytime and evening hours then the hire charge is based on per half hour/hour rates.
The hourly rate hire charge is inclusive of:
- access to Visitor Education Centre during the specified hire period
- tables and chairs (set up before and cleared away after your event)
- use of our basic kitchen facilities
- wireless internet connection (through prior arrangement)
USEFUL DOWNLOADS/LINKS – please click on the links below: