Due to rebuilding work the VEC is not available for the duration of 2019.
GALLERY: To view images of the Visitor Education Centre (VEC) – click here.
The VEC ground floor comprises tiled function room, kitchen, toilets and shower facilities. A covered veranda offers views of the river, countryside and Great Cornard Lock.
A picnic and barbecue area has been created and there is access to landing stages, both upstream and downstream of the lock and in the mill race.
- Ground-floor function room
- Waterside, covered veranda and seating area
- Picnic area
- Overnight camping permitted
- Shower facilities
- Capacity for up to 60 guests (max. 40 seated with tables)
- Tables and chairs (set up and cleared away by our staff)
- Basic kitchen including electric cooker, microwave, fridge, urn, kettle
- Numerous power-points and ceiling strip lighting
- Electric heating in foyer, function room and toilets
- Wall-mounted pull down projection screen
- Wireless internet connection
- Car parking for 8 cars
- BBQ, Flipchart easel (with paper and pens), data projector and laptop all available for hire
- Optional talks and river trips can be arranged
We offer two hourly rates for those wishing to hire the VEC on weekdays (until 6pm) and weekends/evenings. A discounted rate can be offered for those hiring the venue on a regular basis. The hire period must include sufficient time to set up and clear away any items brought onto the premises. Please do not hesitate to contact us to verify date availability or to discuss your requirements further.
HOURLY RATE – WEEKDAYS (evening rate applies from 6pm or when included within first 3 hours of hire)
- Minimum charge (up to 3 hours) – £45.00
- Per Additional Hour (or part thereof) – £15.00
- Full Day (8 hours: 8am-5pm/8.30am-5.30pm/9am-6pm) – £100.00
HOURLY RATE – WEEKENDS & EVENINGS (evening rate applies from 6pm or when included within first 3 hours of hire)
- Minimum Charge (up to 3 hours) – £60.00
- Per additional hour (or part thereof) – £20.00
- Full Day (8 hours) – £140.00
The hourly rate hire charge is inclusive of:
- access to Visitor Education Centre during the specified hire period
- tables and chairs (set up before and cleared away after your event)
- use of our basic kitchen facilities
- wireless internet connection (through prior arrangement)
USEFUL DOWNLOADS/LINKS – please click on the links below: