The hourly rate for hire of The Granary generally only applies to bookings such as meetings, seminars, classes, etc. We offer two hourly rates for daytime weekday bookings (until 6pm) and evenings (from 6pm). This rate is not available on weekends nor can it be applied to Wedding functions (please check our other rates for pricing). A discounted rate can be offered for those hiring The Granary on a weekly/monthly basis. The hire period must include sufficient time to set up and clear away any items brought onto the premises.
HOURLY RATE – WEEKDAYS (evening rate applies from 6pm)
- Minimum charge (up to 3 hours) – £50.00
- Per Additional Half Hour (or part thereof) – £10.00
- Full Day (8 hours, ending no later than 6pm) – £140.00
HOURLY RATE – EVENINGS (from 6pm)
- Minimum Charge (up to 3 hours)- £70.00
- Per Additional Half Hour (or part thereof)- £12.50
The hourly rate hire charge is inclusive of:
- access to The Granary during the specified hire period
- tables and chairs (set up before and cleared away after your event)
- use of our basic kitchen facilities
- wireless internet connection (through prior arrangement)
- We can waive the Breakage & Drinks Deposits depending on the type of booking (although you are still liable for any damages)
- The River Stour Trust holds a premises license for the Granary and in accordance with the Licensing Act 2003 all beers, wines, spirits, ciders and soft drinks dispensed there must be supplied by or through the River Stour Trust.
- Please refer to our full list of services and facilities which may apply to your booking (click here)
The River Stour Trust holds a premises license for the Granary and in accordance with the Licensing Act 2003 all beers, wines, spirits, ciders and soft drinks dispensed there must be supplied by or through the River Stour Trust.
Please make your guests aware of our drinks policy because contravening this forfeits the drinks deposit.
You are welcome to choose your own suppliers for catering, decorating, entertainment, etc and we can recommend suppliers familiar with our venue.
Your chosen supplier/s must be able to provide us with copies of relevant certificates/paperwork proving that they hold current:
Public Liability Insurance
PAT Testing Certificate/s (for any electrical equipment to be brought onto the site)
In the case of food suppliers, they are registered with the environmental health service of their local authority and hold a Food Hygiene Rating score of 3 or more.
Click here to go back to the main page for the online booking facility and useful downloads/links (scroll to the bottom of the page).
Please do not hesitate to contact us to verify date availability or to discuss your requirements further.