Craft Registrations 2020/21

If you want to canoe on many rivers and canals you will need a ‘licence’ to do so. The navigation authority for the Suffolk/Essex River Stour is the Environment Agency.

Below are the ways in which you can ensure that you are contributing to the upkeep and maintenance of our beautiful river.

  1. You can become a member of British Canoeing or British Rowing – this covers the member and not the craft (joint/family memberships are available). If you would like to loan your craft to someone else then they also need to be a member or you need to register the craft.
  2. You can register your craft (powered or unpowered) with the Environment Agency (their season runs 1 Apr-31 Mar).
  3. The River Stour Trust can issue unpowered craft registrations (weekly, monthly or annual), on behalf of the Environment Agency.

Click here for more information and current tariffs for EA craft registrations and/or to purchase your copy of The River Stour Navigation Guide.

Comments are closed.