Great News!! We are extending our popular Walk ‘n’ Water experiences! Proceeds towards the restoration & conservation of the River Stour Navigation.
Walk ‘n’ Water, Sudbury to Henny
Thursday 13 June – Thursday 11 July – Thursday 15 August – Thursday 26 September
Overview: A guided 3.5 mile walk along part of the Stour Valley & St. Edmunds Way. The walk has two stiles and is a little hilly, it will start at 10.00am from the Granary walking to the Henny Swan and returning by boat. Free tea/coffee is provided but remember to bring your own packed lunch!
Cost: £15 per adult, £7.50 per child.
Walk ‘n’ Water, Sudbury/CORNARD RIVERSIDE
Sundays – dates to be confirmed
Overview: Enjoy a short boat trip from Sudbury to Great Cornard followed by a guided 1-2 mile walk along back to Sudbury along newly opened riverside Gainsborough Trail for a free tea/coffee at The Granary Tea Room.
Cost: £5 per adult, £3 per child.
Early booking is advisable to avoid disappointment… Call 01787 313199.
- To ensure the safety and comfort of our passengers and volunteers, we will regrettably cancel cruises at short notice in the case of adverse weather and/or stream conditions.
- Passenger numbers are subject to load capacity (average 82.5kg per person).
- Babies (0-2 years) are welcome aboard free of charge.
- Lifejackets are provided and must be worn by those under 12 years.
- Anyone aged under 12 years should be accompanied by a parent/guardian. An exception applies to the Henny Swan Lunch Cruise where anyone aged under 16 years must be accompanied by a parent/guardian to access the pub.
- Dogs permitted aboard for an additional charge at the discretion of the crew.
JOIN OUR WALKING TEAM?
We are looking for volunteers to act as walk guides/back markers for the two aforementioned events and some more walk ‘n’ water events throughout the year. You’ll enjoy a boat trip too! The pace will be moderate and you should be able to manage the 3½ mile walk from Sudbury to Henny (includes traversing a couple of stiles!). Please contact the RST office if you would like to find out more about how you can be involved.