This event is held annually on the August Bank Holiday Monday at The Granary Tea Room in Sudbury. We offer FREE boat trips for young pirates (under 12 years old) when accompanied by a fare paying adult. Come and join our pirate crew for the day, me hearties!
There will a few boats operating on the day but we are offering pre-bookable places on a couple of boats. Our 8-seater can be booked for trips on the hour whilst our 12-seater boat can be booked for trips on the half hour. We will do our best to keep to this schedule and ask that you please arrive in good time to allow time for buoyancy aids to be fitted for all child passengers.
There will also be a bankside ticketing system on the day meaning that you are able to book places on trips running approximately every 40 minutes.
The Tea Room is open 10.30am-4pm and offers a simple light lunch menu including lovely homemade cake and a selection of hot and cold drinks. Enjoy our riverside location and relaxing with friends and family whilst you wait to board the boat.
Return trips to Great Cornard Lock
Regularly departing from the Granary Tea Room, Quay Lane, CO10 2AN (click here for link to map)
Half hour non-landing return trip
Sorry but there is no pre-booking before the day
- Adult (over 18 years): £6.00
- Older Child (12-17 years): £6.00
- Child/Infant (1-11 years): FREE
- Baby (under 12 months) No charge and no ticket required (not included within boat capacity)
- Dog £1.00 (pay on the day, restrictions apply- see below*)
- *Canine passengers are permitted onboard but this is entirely at the skipper’s discretion on the day of the cruise (additional nominal fare applies, assistance dog can travel on all trips).