Dates: Monday 15 May-Friday 19 May 2023
Overview: Crucial Crew is a nationwide event promoting personal safety for children in the top year of Primary School. Different organisations participate to each cover such topics as making a 999 call, water safety, road safety, internet safety, first aid, fire safety, etc. The aim is to provide a fun and stimulating learning environment for the children to:
- become more aware of personal safety
- learn how to react correctly to dangerous and threatening situations
- understand the role the emergency support services play and how and when to contact them
- be aware of their own actions and the safety of others
There are about 80 children for each morning and afternoon session divided into groups of about 10. Each scenario/activity session lasts 10-15 minutes.
The River Stour Trust will be overseeing the Water Safety scenario covering basic water safety as well as a practical task of how to throw a life ring. There will be a list of simple questions (and answers!) provided.
Click here to view/download a volunteer’s account of taking part in this event (written by Steve Waters).
We would very much appreciate helpers for this week-long activity! We’re hoping to create a rota for each day with at least 2 people per session (morning, afternoon or all day).
Location: AFC Sudbury, Brundon Lane, Sudbury CO10 7HN
- Morning session times – arrival 8:45am for 9:00am start – Finish by 12:00 noon.
- Afternoon session times – arrival 12:30pm for 12:45pm start, Finish by 3:45pm.
- All Day – arrival 8:45am – Finish 3:45pm. Lunch break 12:00 noon-12:45pm.
- Free tea/coffee. Bring lunch or The Bridge Project are opening their kitchen for lunch orders.
IF YOU CAN HELP – PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR AVAILABILITY BELOW