Following the postponement for the last day in the Government’s Roadmap out of Lockdown, we continue in a cautious manner to resume our various activities.
Our cautious approach factors in that it’s been nearly 18 months since we wrapped up our 2019 season and the majority of our activities. The prolonged break will have undoubtedly affected our volunteers in differing ways. We need to ensure that everyone is willing and able to continue in their past roles whilst also considering everyone’s health and wellbeing.
This remains closed to visitors at this time but a member of staff is working reduced hours working hard to follow up many email and telephone messages! Our response time is much slower than we would like for which we can only apologise.
- We are able to offer some of our Dedham Vale and Sudbury boat trips.
- Dedham Vale Boat Trips – sadly the closure of Fen Bridge is causing issues (click here to read more) but Kathleen is available on Sundays for short afternoon trips for Le Talbooth diners.
- Sudbury Boat Trips – a restricted service returned on Monday 28 June. We are running scheduled trips and private charters (click here for more information).
- Tea Room – we re-opened on 18 July. Open Sundays 10.30am-4pm until the end of October as well as Wednesdays during August 10.30am-4pm.
- Functions – We shall adhere to government guidelines and continue to monitor the situation.
- Regular classes have been returning as well as some new classes for 2021- click here to read more.
- We are preparing The Granary for larger gatherings with our bar facility for functions from mid-August.
- Weddings – We are accepting ceremony only bookings at this time adhering to guidance issued by Suffolk Registry Office (click here) with provisional dates as below subject to confirmation at each stage (attendance figures are subject to COVID secure risk assessment for the ceremony room):
- Stages 1 & 2: The Granary falls within the Government’s road map category of venues unable to open at this time.
- Stage 2 (from 17 May): 30 people can attend ceremony
- Stage 4 (from 21 June): Restrictions due to be lifted meaning our maximum attendance is 100.
Visitor Education Centre (VEC)
We are delighted that the building works following the fire in Sep 2018 (click here) finally finished during the last quarter of 2020. We are looking forward to bringing the building back into use as our administrative office, archives location and as a community and educational facility.
- Teddy Bear Boat Rides –
BH Mon 30 Maypostponed – date TBC
- Coracle Regatta – Saturday 7 August
- Pirates on the Stour – BH Mon 30 Aug
- Sudbury to the Sea (S2C) – Sat 11 & Sun 12 Sep
- Bat Cruises – date/s TBC
- Santa Boat Rides – dates TBC
- Walk ‘n’ Water – we have some provisional dates for this popular walking and boating activity.
We thank you in advance for your support and look forward to seeing you all soon.