The Government’s Roadmap out of Lockdown consists of four different stages, with each stage only to be introduced if it meets certain requirements based on the data. We are proceeding in a cautious manner to resume our various activities.
Our decisions consider the health and wellbeing of everyone (customers, visitors, volunteers and staff).
This remains closed at this time but a member of staff is still working remotely a few hours per week. Email and telephone messages will be monitored but our response time is slower.
- We are beginning to liaise with our volunteers to hopefully resume Dedham Vale and Sudbury boat trips, albeit with changes/restrictions, from late Spring/Summer 2021.
- We can tentatively accept bookings for the boats but these would remain provisional to be confirmed nearer the time.
- We are taking a cautious approach as we have to factor in that it’s been nearly 18 months since we wrapped up our 2019 season. Our boats are also not currently in the water and the prolonged break will have undoubtedly affected our volunteers in differing ways. We need to ensure that everyone is willing and able to continue in their past roles whilst also considering everyone’s health and wellbeing.
- Tea Room – this small team has not been together for 18 months so we need a get together to see how everyone is fixed for this year.
- Functions – We shall adhere to government guidelines and continue to monitor the situation. We shall hopefully be welcoming back our regular users for their exercise classes to resume as and when restrictions permit.
- Larger gatherings and the bar operation will resume later in the year with tentative bookings potentially from mid-July.
- Weddings – We are accepting ceremony only bookings at this time adhering to guidance issued by Suffolk Registry Office (click here) with provisional dates as below subject to confirmation at each stage (attendance figures are subject to COVID secure risk assessment for the ceremony room):
- Stages 1 & 2: The Granary falls within the Government’s road map category of venues unable to open at this time.
- Stage 2 (from 17 May): 30 people can attend ceremony
- Stage 4 (from 21 June): Restrictions due to be lifted meaning our maximum attendance is 100.
Visitor Education Centre (VEC)
We are delighted that the building works following the fire in Sep 2018 (click here) finally finished during the last quarter of 2020. We are looking forward to bringing the building back into use as our administrative office, archives location and as a community and educational facility.
- Teddy Bear Boat Rides –
BH Mon 30 Maypostponed – date TBC
- Coracle Regatta – Saturday 7 August
- Pirates on the Stour – BH Mon 30 Aug
- Sudbury to the Sea (S2C) – Sat 11 & Sun 12 Sep
- Bat Cruises – date/s TBC
- Santa Boat Rides – dates TBC
- Walk ‘n’ Water – we have some provisional dates for this popular walking and boating activity.
We thank you in advance for your support and look forward to seeing you all soon.