REGISTER TO PADDLE THE STOUR
You have three options to register your vessel for use on the River Stour whether you have a kayak, canoe, stand up paddleboard (SUP), rowboat and/or inflatable. Unpowered registrations are valid for use on all Environment Agency waterways.
ENVIRONMENT AGENCY (EA)
You can register your craft (powered/unpowered, private/business). Visit the ‘Boating & Waterways’ section of their website.
RIVER STOUR TRUST (RST)
We can process EA craft registrations for private, unpowered open craft only. We also sell useful optional extras such as River Stour Navigation Guide and EA Navigation Key.
BRITISH CANOEING (BC)
‘On the Water’ membership permits the member on certain navigations in England and other benefits. Membership covers the member and not the craft.
- “Unpowered open boat” means a boat that is not mechanically propelled; and is either open to the elements with no enclosed or decked accommodation space (including a rowing boat, dragon boat, punt, dinghy with or without sail, canoe, paddle board, light inflatable) or the occupants are only protected by a spray deck (including a kayak).
- “Powered boat” means a boat which is mechanically propelled by a combustion engine, steam engine or electric motor.
- “Private boat” means any boat that is kept and used on a waterway solely for private leisure purposes, and not for the purposes of generating income for any organisation or business or for providing a service to others.
- “Business boat” means a boat kept or used on a waterway which is not kept or used solely as a private boat. The River Stour Trust is unable to process business boat registrations.
- Click on relevant heading below for chosen registration period.
- Complete and submit online application (for one or more craft).
- Please type your email address carefully as this will be used to send an electronic copy of your submitted form.
- You will then be automatically redirected to the payment page to select all required items (such as useful optional extras e.g. the River Stour Navigation Guide)
- Shopping cart appears at top of page, checkout then pay by card or PayPal account.
- Proof of payment will be sent to the email address registered with PayPal or entered during checkout.
- Please check spam/junk folders for confirmation emails because you need these to show a river inspector until you receive your disc
- Only monthly/annual craft registrations and/or the Navigation Guide will also be sent by post. These orders are processed as quickly as possible but please allow up to 10 working days. There can be delays during busy periods, particularly if any information is missing or we need further details to process your application.
- You should have two confirmation emails:
- 1st = copy of submitted application form
- 2nd = payment confirmation
- Any issues- please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Start application by clicking on a heading below: Daily, Weekly, Monthly or Annual.
2022/23 Registrations valid between 01.04.22-31.03.23
PLEASE ALLOW UP TO 10 WORKING DAYS FOR US TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION
|2022/23 DAILY||2022/23 WEEKLY||2022/23 MONTHLY||2022/23 ANNUAL|
| Visitor registration |
valid for 24
| Visitor registration |
valid up to 7
| Visitor registration |
valid up to 31
consecutive days. Maximum of 3 per season.
|This expires 31 March 2023 regardless of purchase date.|
|Fee is per private unpowered open craft, valid for 24 consecutive hours either from the time of issue/payment (in lieu of application form); or where application form is submitted, valid for 24 hours from the date and time requested at application.||Fee is per private unpowered open craft, up to 7 consecutive days either from the time of issue/payment (in lieu of application form); or where application form is submitted, valid for 7 days from the date and time requested at application.||Fee is per private unpowered craft, up to 31 consecutive days from the time of issue, or where issued in advance, valid from the date and time requested at application.||Fee is per private unpowered craft, within season (1 Apr-31 Mar). All annual registrations expire on 31 March regardless of when they start. There are no pro-rata annual registration charges.|
Please note: You will need to pay any additional amount, which may be due, if it is found that the boat has been registered incorrectly based on the information you have provided.
Electronic proof of payment and your completed application form will suffice as proof of registration in all cases should you not receive your receipt/disc before your trip. Discs are not issued for daily and weekly registrations but hard copies of monthly/annual registration discs will be posted or you can arrange to collect in person – Contact us.
RIVER STOUR NAVIGATION GUIDE
An indispensable guide printed on damp proof paper with map of the entire navigable route, details and locations of the portages, launching sites, riverside campsite and contact information for relevant organisations). Size A5 when folded but opens up to size A2.
£4.00 (Also available to purchase during registration applications)