Discover Constable’s River – If you are planning a river trip using your own craft then we can provide further information and advice- click here to visit our Navigation Guide page.
RIVER STOUR BOAT TRIPS
- SUDBURY RIVER TRIPS <between Sudbury, Great Cornard and Great Henny> Click here for information about trips and fares.
- Our restored lighter, John Constable, has returned to the River Stour! She operates on the upper stretch of the River Stour and can accommodate up to 12 adults passengers for private charters. Click here for information about educational trips and private charters.
- Our new boat, Edwardian Lady, should be in operation from May 2014 and can carry up to 12 passengers.
- FLATFORD & DEDHAM RIVER TRIPS <between Stratford St Mary, Flatford, Dedham and Brantham> Click here for information about trips and fares.
- Stour Trusty II operates on the stretch between Dedham Boathouse Restaurant, Flatford and Brantham (some trips are subject to the scheduled refrubishment of Flatford Lock gates in 2014).
- Kathleen operates on the stretch between Dedham Lock, Le Talbooth and Stratford St Mary.
Join the crew – Our boats are crewed by our fully trained volunteers and we welcome people from all walks of life who feel they would like to help. Anyone putting themselves forward to crew our boats will undergo the full training course, which consists of basic boat handling and safe lock operation. Click here to download our training structure.