2021/22 UNPOWERED PRIVATE CRAFT REGISTRATIONS
2021/22 registrations are valid on dates between 01.04.21 – 31.03.22
The River Stour Trust can issue craft registrations for unpowered and manually propelled private craft on behalf of the Environment Agency for all Environment Agency waterways (not just the Anglian waterways). Their tariff applies to unpowered vessels only e.g. canoes, kayaks, rowing boats and inflatable craft.
- Click on relevant heading below for chosen registration (Weekly, Monthly or Annual).
- Complete and submit online application (for one or more craft).
- Please type your email address carefully as this will be used to send an electronic copy of your submitted form.
- You will then be automatically redirected to the payment page to select all required items to add to cart to pay by card or PayPal account.
- useful optional extras include the River Stour Navigation Guide
- Proof of payment will be sent to the email address registered with PayPal or entered during checkout.
- Please check spam/junk folders for confirmation emails because you need these to show a river inspector until you receive your disc (disc no longer issued for weekly registrations).
- Any issues- please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Compare the available 2021/22 craft registrations below and start an application by clicking on one of the headings: Weekly, Monthly or Annual.
|2021/21 WEEKLY||2021/22 MONTHLY||2021/22 ANNUAL|
|Valid for 1 – 7 |
|Valid up to 31 |
|Valid between |
1 April 2021 – 31 March 2022
|Fee is per private unpowered craft, up to 7 consecutive days. Unlimited issues during season (1 Apr-31 Mar).||Fee is per private unpowered craft, up to 31 consecutive days. |
3 maximum per season (1 Apr-31 Mar) after which only an annual registration can be issued.
|Fee is per private unpowered craft, within season (1 Apr-31 Mar). All annual registrations expire on 31 March regardless of when they start. There are no pro-rata annual registration charges.|
Discs are no longer issued for the weekly registrations but electronic proof of payment will suffice in all cases should you not receive your receipt/disc before your trip. Hard copies of monthly/annual registrations will be posted or you can arrange to collect in person – Contact us.
The Environment Agency takes enforcement action if it finds any boat moored or in use if it is not displaying a current, valid registration plate. All boats kept, used or let for hire on the river must be registered. The EA craft registration period is 1 April-31 March.
If you have a boat and you keep it afloat and/or use it on the Anglian waterways, you need to register it, even if you do not use it. Anglian waterways cover the River Great Ouse System, River Nene, River Stour, River Ancholme, Black Sluice, River Welland and River Glen. These requirements extend to boats kept on any part of our Anglian waterways including backwaters and marinas.
TAKING PART IN OUR SUDBURY TO THE SEA EVENT? PLEASE CLICK HERE TO BOOK IN CORRECTLY