The River Stour Trust can issue craft registrations for unpowered and manually propelled private craft on behalf of the Environment Agency. This tariff applies to manual powered vessels only, for example, canoes, kayaks and rowing boats and covers you for all Environment Agency waterways (not just the Anglian waterways) for the period chosen. If your craft has an auxillary engine then it needs to be registered under the appropriate powered tariff which cannot be administered by the River Stour Trust.
Taking part in our Sudbury to the Sea event? Please click here to process this year’s visitor registration and booking payment for the event (bookings for open in July each year).
2017/18 Tariff – Unpowered Craft
Please note: An additional minimum £1 admin fee applies to each order and is referenced as a ‘Shipping’ cost in your shopping cart.
- £8.50 – short term/visitor registration (up to 7 consecutive days, unlimited issues)
- £16.00 – short term/visitor registration (up to 31 consecutive days, 3 maximum per season 1 Apr-31 Mar after which only an annual registration can be issued)
- £35.50 – annual registration (excluding houseboats and sailing boats, valid 1st April-31 March)
- £12.50 – Purchase a Navigation Key (outright purchase for current annual craft registration holders only with proof required, operates/gains access to EA locks and faciliities, such as slipways and pump-outs, so is therefore not generally required for canoeists/kayakers, price includes Royal Mail Signed For delivery)
- £27.50 – Loan a Navigation Key (refundable deposit upon return of key, operates/gains access to EA locks and faciliities, such as slipways and pump-outs, so is therefore not generally required for canoeists/kayakers, price includes Royal Mail Signed For delivery)
The Environment Agency has agreements with certain organisations for ‘block’ registrations for their members to any EA Waterway in the the country without having to register directly with the EA. There are often additional benefits to joining these organisations, such as free insurance, access to more navigations, etc. Membership to these organisations covers the member and not the craft. If you would like to loan your craft to someone else then they also need to be a member or you need to register the craft.
For more information about joining these organisation, please click on the links below.
- British Canoeing 0845 370 9506 www.britishcanoeing.org.uk
- Waterways included in British Canoeing membership – click here
- British Rowing 020 8237 6700 www.britishrowing.org
The River Stour Trust will process craft registration applications as quickly as possible but it is advisable to contact us to check whether we can process your application by a certain time.
Our office is only staffed on weekdays (core hours are usually 10am-4pm). You can arrange to collect your registration disc in person or it can be sent in the post. We no longer issue discs for the 7 day registrations and electronic proof of payment will suffice in all cases should you not receive your receipt/disc before your trip.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR YOUR CRAFT REGISTRATION