COVID-19 NOTICE: The RST office is currently closed and unstaffed. Emails and telephone messages are being checked intermittently but visits and phone payments are not possible at this time.
We can issue craft registrations for unpowered (manually propelled), private craft and other optional extras on behalf of the Environment Agency. Unpowered vessel registrations are valid for use on all Environment Agency waterways.
The River Stour Trust cannot deal with craft registrations for powered (even if only occasionally), houseboats, sailing boats, ‘commercial’ or any vessels available for let or hire. Please instead contact the Environment Agency Boat Registration Team directly on 03708 506 506 or email email@example.com.
The River Stour Trust will process craft registration applications as quickly as possible but it is advisable to check whether we can process your application by a certain time. Discs are no longer issued for the weekly registrations but a handwritten receipt can be provided or the electronic proof of payment will also suffice. If you would like to collect your item/s then please call or email to arrange this. Our office is only staffed on weekdays (core hours are usually 10am-4pm).
To pay by cheque: If you would prefer to pay by cheque then please remember to include the £1.50 admin fee and make your cheque payable to ‘River Stour Trust’ before sending to: River Stour Trust, Visitor Education Centre, Dove House Meadow, Great Cornard, Suffolk, CO10 0GF.
To pay online: We use PayPal to process online bank or card payments. PayPal accepts payments from Mastercard/Eurocard, Visa/Delta/Electron, Discover, American Express, Switch/Maestro or Solo cards. Your financial details are never shared and you do not need a PayPal account to use this facility.
The EA craft registration period is 1 April-31 March. An additional minimum £1.50 admin fee applies to each order and is referenced as a ‘Shipping’ cost in your shopping cart.
You need to complete the application form before payment so if you have not then please click here!
- Simply click on the relevant ‘Add to Cart’ button below and your item will be added to your shopping cart which will appear on this page.
- Review your order before payment making sure that you have chosen the correct tariff for your chosen paddling dates (you can delete an item by clicking on the red circle with a white cross in it).
- Click on the yellow button entitled ‘Check out with PayPal’, this will open a new window.
- Log in to your PayPal account or click on ‘Don’t have a PayPal account’.
- You will then need to provide your card information and contact details in order to proceed with the payment.
UNPOWERED CRAFT REGISTRATIONS – please select the correct tariff for your chosen paddling dates!
- WEEKLY £10.50 – Fee is per private unpowered craft, up to 7 consecutive days, unlimited issues during season (1 Apr-31 Mar).
- 2020/21 Season (valid for 7 days on dates between 01.04.20 – 31.03.21) £10.50
- MONTHLY £19.90 – Fee is per private unpowered craft, up to 31 consecutive days, 3 maximum per season (1 Apr-31 Mar) after which only an annual registration can be issued.
- 2020/21 Season Monthly (valid for 31 days on dates between 01.04.20 – 31.03.21) £19.90
- ANNUAL £44.20 – Fee is per private unpowered craft, within season (1 Apr-31 Mar). All annual registrations expire on 31 March regardless of when they start. There are no pro-rata annual registration charges.
- 2020/21 Season Annual (valid between 01.04.20 – 31.03.21) £44.20
- £3.50 – River Stour Navigation Guide
- an indispensable guide printed on damp proof paper with map of the entire navigable route, details and locations of the portages, launching sites, riverside campsite and contact information for relevant organisations)