COVID-19 NOTICE: The RST office is currently closed and unstaffed. Emails and telephone messages are being checked intermittently but visits and phone payments are not possible at this time.
We can issue craft registrations for unpowered (manually propelled), private craft and other optional extras on behalf of the Environment Agency. Unpowered vessel registrations are valid for use on all Environment Agency waterways.
The River Stour Trust cannot deal with craft registrations for powered (even if only occasionally), houseboats, sailing boats, ‘commercial’ or any vessels available for let or hire. Please instead contact the Environment Agency Boat Registration Team directly on 03708 506 506 or email email@example.com.
The River Stour Trust will process applications as quickly as possible but electronic proof of payment will also suffice. Discs are no longer issued for the weekly registrations but a handwritten receipt can be provided upon request. If you would like to collect your item/s then please call or email to arrange this. Our office is only staffed on weekdays (core hours are usually 10am-4pm).
The EA craft registration period is 1 April-31 March. An additional minimum £1.75 admin fee applies to each order and is referenced as a ‘Shipping’ cost in your shopping cart.
To pay by cheque: If you would prefer to pay by cheque then please remember to include the £1.75 admin fee and make your cheque payable to ‘River Stour Trust’ before sending to: River Stour Trust, Visitor Education Centre, Dove House Meadow, Great Cornard, Suffolk, CO10 0GF.
To pay online: We use PayPal to process online bank or card payments. PayPal accepts payments from Mastercard/Eurocard, Visa/Delta/Electron, Discover, American Express, Switch/Maestro or Solo cards. Your financial details are never shared and you do not need a PayPal account to use this facility.
UNPOWERED PRIVATE CRAFT REGISTRATIONS – please select the correct tariff for your chosen paddling dates!
Your order will be invalid and delayed if you have not already submitted the required application form!
- Click here for the Weekly application form
- Click here for the Monthly application form
- Click here for the Annual application application form
- WEEKLY £10.50 – Fee is per private unpowered craft, up to 7 consecutive days, unlimited issues during season (1 Apr-31 Mar).
- 2020/21 Season (valid for 7 days on dates between 01.04.20 – 31.03.21) £10.50
- MONTHLY £19.90 – Fee is per private unpowered craft, up to 31 consecutive days, 3 maximum per season (1 Apr-31 Mar) after which only an annual registration can be issued.
- 2020/21 Season Monthly (valid for 31 days on dates between 01.04.20 – 31.03.21) £19.90
- ANNUAL £44.20 – Fee is per private unpowered craft, within season (1 Apr-31 Mar). All annual registrations expire on 31 March regardless of when they start. There are no pro-rata annual registration charges.
- 2020/21 Season Annual (valid between 01.04.20 – 31.03.21) £44.20
USEFUL OPTIONAL EXTRAS
- ‘ENJOYING SAFER BOATING’ – FREE
- available as download only, a guide about staying safe on Anglian Waterways, produced by the Environment Agency – click here
- RIVER STOUR NAVIGATION GUIDE – £3.50
- an indispensable guide printed on damp proof paper with map of the entire navigable route, details and locations of the portages, launching sites, riverside campsite and contact information for relevant organisations)
- NAVIGATION KEY – operates/gains access to EA locks and facilities, such as slipways and pump-outs, so is therefore not generally required for canoeists/kayakers. In regards to the River Stour, the key is required for larger craft to unlock the slipway navigation bollards at The Granary, Quay Lane, CO10 2AN and near Brantham, Cattawade Bridge.
- KEY PURCHASE – £17.50 Price includes Royal Mail Signed For delivery. For current annual craft registration holders only – proof required.
- KEY LOAN – £27.50 – Price includes Royal Mail Signed For delivery. Refundable deposit sum of £25.00 on return of the key, for short-term/visitor registration applications.