We can issue craft registrations for manually propelled craft and other optional extras on behalf of the Environment Agency. An additional minimum £1 admin fee applies to each order and is referenced as a ‘Shipping’ cost in your shopping cart.
The River Stour Trust will process craft registration applications as quickly as possible but it is advisable to check whether we can process your application by a certain time. Discs are no longer issued for the 7 day registrations but a handwritten receipt can be provided or the electronic proof of payment will also suffice. If you would like to collect your item/s then please call or email to arrange this. Our office is only staffed on weekdays (core hours are usually 10am-4pm).
To pay by cheque: If you would prefer to pay by cheque then please remember to include the £1.00 admin fee and make your cheque payable to ‘River Stour Trust’ before sending to: River Stour Trust, Visitor Education Centre, Dove House Meadow, Great Cornard, Suffolk, CO10 0GF.
To pay online: We use PayPal to process online bank or card payments. PayPal accepts payments from Mastercard/Eurocard, Visa/Delta/Electron, Discover, American Express, Switch/Maestro or Solo cards. Your financial details are never shared and you do not need a PayPal account to use this facility.
- You need to complete the application form before payment so if you have not then please click here!
- Simply click on the relevant ‘Add to Cart’ button below and your item will be added to your shopping cart which will appear on this page.
- Review your order before payment (you can delete an item by clicking on the red circle with a white cross in it).
- Click on the yellow button entitled ‘Check out with PayPal’, this will open a new window.
- Log in to your PayPal account or click on ‘Don’t have a PayPal account’.
- You will then need to provide your card information and contact details in order to proceed with the payment.
2018/19 Tariff – Unpowered Craft
An additional minimum £1 admin fee applies to each order and is referenced as a ‘Shipping’ cost in your shopping cart.
- Short term/visitor registrations:
- £9.10 – (up to 7 consecutive days, unlimited issues)
- £17.20 – (up to 31 consecutive days, 3 maximum per season 1 Apr-31 Mar after which only an annual registration can be issued)
- £38.20 – annual registration (excluding houseboats and sailing boats, valid 1st April 2018-31 March 2019)
Useful Optional Extras
- FREE – Enjoying Safer Boating, a guide about staying safe on Anglian Waterways , produced by the Environment Agency and available as a download – click here
- £3.50 – River Stour Navigation Guide (an indispensable guide printed on damp proof paper with map of the entire navigable route, details and locations of the portages, launching sites, riverside campsite and contact information for relevant organisations)
- Navigation Key – operates/gains access to EA locks and facilities, such as slipways and pump-outs, so is therefore not generally required for canoeists/kayakers. Price includes Royal Mail Signed For delivery
- £13.00 – Purchase a Navigation Key (outright purchase for current annual craft registration holders only with proof required, operates/gains access to EA locks and faciliities, such as slipways and pump-outs, price includes Royal Mail Signed For delivery)
- £28.00 – Loan a Navigation Key (for short-term/visitor registration applications, a fully refundable deposit on return of the key)