COVID-19 NOTICE: The RST office is currently closed and unstaffed so visits and phone payments are not possible at this time. However, online application, emails and telephone messages are being checked intermittently.
The River Stour Trust cannot deal with craft registrations for powered (even if only occasionally), houseboats, sailing boats, ‘commercial’ or any vessels available for let or hire. In the above instances, please instead contact the Environment Agency Boat Registration Team directly on 03708 506 506 or email email@example.com.
The Environment Agency takes enforcement action if it finds any boat moored or in use if it is not displaying a current, valid registration plate. All boats kept, used or let for hire on the river must be registered. The registration period is 1 April-31 March.
Please read the explanatory notes and guidance before completing the form:
- Explanatory Notes – EA Craft Registration
- Anglian waterways boat registration requirements
- Registration charges for Anglian waterways
The River Stour Trust will process craft registration applications as quickly as possible but it is advisable to contact us to check whether we can process your application by a certain time.
Our office is only staffed on weekdays (core hours are usually 10am-4pm) and you can arrange to collect your registration disc in person or it can be sent in the post. We no longer issue discs for the 7 day registrations and electronic proof of payment will suffice in all cases should you not receive your receipt/disc before your trip.
- Upon successful completion and submission of the application form below you should be automatically redirected to the online payment page.
- You can disregard the online payment page if you are using an alternative method of payment or have already paid.
- Your order will be invalid and delayed if you do not submit the required application form alongside payment.
Looking for a WEEKLY craft registration? – click here