We organise events to share our enjoyment of the river and hopefully raise much needed funds for the restoration and conservation of the River Stour Navigation.
The River Stour Trust is keen to encourage enjoyment of the river from a young age and the majority of our events are suitable for family groups. Click on the links below to find out more.
River Stour Trust 50th Anniversary 1968-2018
- Sudbury Club Regatta
- This popular event takes place on the Saturday of the first weekend of August each year. The 650m Rowing course is raced upstream from a stake boat start along a course characterised by some challenging bends. One of the highlights of the regatta is the sprint eights event, racing for hip-flasks along the last and straighter 350m.
- River Stour Festival
- This inaugural event happily coincides with our 50th Anniversary Year! It will celebrate the river, its culture, surrounding landscape and people throughout 2018. It will provide an impetus to arts, nature, health, environment and businesses in the Stour Valley and beyond, and an ambition to connect both local people and visitors with the rich landscape on our doorstep.
FACEBOOK & TWITTER – Click here to read and comment on news generated from our social media pages.
THE THIRD CONSTABLE LOCK IS RESTORED! Stratford St Mary Lock is now fully operational- click here.
FLATFORD LOCK RE-OPENED! Click here to read report and view pictures courtesy of online local guide ‘About My Area’
RESTORED LIGHTER, JOHN CONSTABLE, HAS RETURNED TO THE STOUR! Some exciting news relates to our historic River Stour lighter, John Constable, having been fully restored and relaunched with passengers services officially launched by Griff Rhys Jones in May 2013. The boat is now available for private charters and educational visits on the stretch between Sudbury and Great Henny.
- Click here for more information about the boat
- Click here to watch the ITV Anglia News coverage (26/09/12)
- Click here to read the East Anglian Daily Times article (29/09/12)
- Click on the links to read the Watercraft article – click here for page 1, click here for page 2
- Click here to ready the Anglia Afloat article (Jan/Feb 2014)
PAGER POWER CHARITY SCHEME – Click here to find out more.