Rosette, Francis J Batten, Edwardian Lady and John Constable operate on the three mile stretch between Sudbury, Great Cornard and Great Henny.
Our boats are crewed by fully trained volunteers and are available for scheduled trips and private charters. Proceeds go towards the charitable aims and objectives of the River Stour Trust.
Passenger Boat Trips Terms & Conditions apply – click here.
We also operate boat trips along the lower the Dedham Vale section of the River Stour between Stratford St Mary, Dedham, Flatford and Brantham. Click here for more information.
All trips are subject to our Passenger Boat Trip Terms & Conditions
|DAYS||TRIP||DURATION||DEPART TIME||TYPE||MORE INFO|
|Saturdays & Sundays||Henny Swan Lunch Cruise||4 hours||11am||Pre-book||click here|
|Saturdays & Sundays||Henny Half Hour||30 mins||12.15pm or 1.15pm|| Walk on &|
|Sundays||Granary Half Hour||30 mins||11am-3.30pm||Walk on|
|Wednesdays in August||Granary Half Hour||30 mins||12pm-4pm||Walk on|
|BH Monday 8 May||Regal River Trips||30 mins||11am-4pm||Walk on &|
|BH Monday 29 May||Teddy Bear Boat Rides||30 mins||11am-4pm|| Walk on & |
|BH Monday 28 August||Pirates on the Stour||30 mins||11am-4pm||Walk on & |
|Monthly June-October||Walk ‘n’ Water||Various||Various||Pre-book||click here|
The charter period of up to 4 hours allows for the 2-hour return jouney to Henny (including a couple of passages through Great Cornard Lock) and a 2-hour stop at The Henny Swan. The charter fee is per boat and is irrespective of the number of passengers.
|BOAT||OVERVIEW||Normal Passenger Capacity||CHARTER PRICE|
|John Constable||Restored Stour Lighter retains its historic features so it is an open, uncovered boat. However, a purpose-built canopy can be fitted before your journey to act as shelter from the rain or the sunshine.||12||£220.00|
|Edwardian Lady||Edwardian style, electric boat with a fixed canopy and removable windows.||12||£180.00|
|Rosette||Edwardian style, electric boat with a fixed canopy and removable windows.||8||£120.00|
|Francis J Batten (FJ)||Specially adapted pontoon-style boat with a fixed canopy and removable windows. She is suitable for those with impaired mobility or wheelchair users although this does affect capacity||8*||£120.00|
* A manual wheelchair will count as 1 passenger. An electric wheelchair or 2 manual wheelchairs will each count as 3 passengers.
- THE GRANARY
- Quay Lane, Sudbury, Suffolk, CO10 2AN
- What3Words: ///gradually.bricks.stay
- Tel: 0845 803 5787 (RST volunteers on site an hour before cruise)
- On Sundays, our Tea Room is open 10.30am-4pm
- Car parking adjacent to The Granary is free but we are unable to guarantee spaces. There is also additional parking past the Quay Theatre or in the town only a short walk away. The venue is within easy walking distance of the town centre and public transport links.
|HENNY SWAN LUNCH CRUISE FARES||Count towards boat capacity||Off Peak||Peak|
|Adult (12 years+)||Yes||£16.00||£18.00|
|Child (5-11 years)||Yes||£8.00||£8.00|
|Infant (1-4 years)||Yes||No charge||No charge|
|Baby (under 12 months)||No||No charge||No charge|
- Click on the button below for the weekend cruise dates and availability (or call 01787 313199- weekdays only).
- Online booking is available until 10am on the Friday before each weekend.
- Click here for online booking guidance.
HENNY SWAN TABLE BOOKING
- All groups must confirm their 12pm table booking directly with The Henny Swan
- Telephone 01787 267953 and/or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please remember to mention your special travel arrangements and any special requirements e.g. ‘dog friendly’ dining area.