- RESTORED LIGHTER, JOHN CONSTABLE, LAUNCHED
The most exciting news for the Trust is that our historic River Stour lighter, John Constable, has been fully restored and relaunched in September 2012. Passengers services were officially launched by Griff Rhys Jones and the boat is available for privtae charters and educational visits.
- Click here for more information about the boat
- Click here to watch the ITV Anglia News coverage (26/09/12)
- Click here to read the East Anglian Daily Times article (29/09/12)
- Click here to read article on www.aboutmyarea.co.uk/CO10 (11/04/13)
- Click here to read article on www.aboutmyarea.co.uk/CO10 (13/05/13)
- PAGER POWER CHARITY SCHEME – Click here to find out more.
- SOCIAL STREAM – Click here to read news generated from our Facebook and Twitter pages.
We organise many events to share our enjoyment of the river and raise much needed funds for the restoration and conservation of the River Stour Navigation.
The River Stour Trust is keen to encourage enjoyment of the river from a young age and the majority of our events are suitable for family groups. Click on the links below to find out more.
RST MEMBERS EVENTS – Click here for details of forthcoming events.
- Teddy Bear Boat Rides – Provisional 2014 date: Bank Holiday Monday 26th May
- Coracle Regatta – Provisional 2014 date: Saturday 2nd August
- Pirates on the Stour – Bank Holiday Monday 26th August 2013 (Provisional 2014 date: Bank Holiday Monday 25th August)
- Sudbury to the Sea – Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th September 2013 (Confirmed 2014 date: Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th September)
OTHER RIVER EVENTS
- Rowing Club Regatta – Provisional 2014 date: Saturday 2nd August
The Sudbury Regatta takes place on the Saturday of the first weekend of August each year. The 650m Rowing course is raced upstream from a stake boat start along a course characterised by some challenging bends. One of the highlights of the regatta is the sprint eights event, racing for hip-flasks along the last and straighter 350m.