We organise events to share our enjoyment of the river and hopefully raise much needed funds for the restoration and conservation of the River Stour Navigation.
The River Stour Trust is keen to encourage enjoyment of the river from a young age and the majority of our events are suitable for family groups. Click on the links below to find out more.
- Teddy Bear Boat Rides – Bank Holiday Monday 26th May
- Coracle Regatta – Saturday 2nd August
- Pirates on the Stour – Bank Holiday Monday 25th August
- Sudbury to the Sea – Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th September
RST MEMBERS EVENTS – Click here for details of forthcoming events.
OTHER RIVER EVENTS
- Rowing Club Regatta – Provisional: Saturday 2nd August
The Sudbury Regatta takes place on the Saturday of the first weekend of August each year. The 650m Rowing course is raced upstream from a stake boat start along a course characterised by some challenging bends. One of the highlights of the regatta is the sprint eights event, racing for hip-flasks along the last and straighter 350m.
RESTORED LIGHTER, JOHN CONSTABLE, HAS RETURNED TO THE STOUR
Some exciting news relates to our historic River Stour lighter, John Constable, having been fully restored and relaunched with passengers services officially launched by Griff Rhys Jones in May 2013. The boat is now available for private charters and educational visits on the stretch between Sudbury and Great Henny.
- Click here for more information about the boat
- Click here to watch the ITV Anglia News coverage (26/09/12)
- Click here to read the East Anglian Daily Times article (29/09/12)
- Click on the links to read the Watercraft article – click here for page 1, click here for page 2
- Click here to ready the Anglia Afloat article (Jan/Feb 2014)
PAGER POWER CHARITY SCHEME – Click here to find out more.
SOCIAL STREAM – Click here to read news generated from our Facebook and Twitter pages.