We organise events to share our enjoyment of the river and hopefully raise much needed funds for the restoration and conservation of the River Stour Navigation.
The River Stour Trust is keen to encourage enjoyment of the river from a young age and the majority of our events are suitable for family groups. Click on the links below to find out more.
PUBLIC EVENTS – 2015 Dates
- Teddy Bear Boat Rides – Bank Holiday Monday 25 May
- Chamber Music Concert – Wednesday 3 June (click here for further information)
- Coracle Regatta – Saturday 1 August
- Pirates on the Stour – Bank Holiday Monday 31 August
- Sudbury to the Sea – Saturday 12 & Sunday 13 September
- Constable, Cuppa & Cake Cruises – Various 2015 dates to be confirmed (click here for 2014 dates and information)
RST MEMBERS EVENTS – Click here for details of forthcoming events.
- Dedham Vale AONB and Stour Valley Forum Conference – Thursday 25 June 2015 (9.30am-3pm)
The event will include presentations on the work of the AONB and Stour Valley team, and from partner organisations about their work in the area. In the afternoon there will be an opportunity to undertake site visits or take part in a workshop.
- Rowing Club Regatta – Saturday 2nd August
The Sudbury Regatta takes place on the Saturday of the first weekend of August each year. The 650m Rowing course is raced upstream from a stake boat start along a course characterised by some challenging bends. One of the highlights of the regatta is the sprint eights event, racing for hip-flasks along the last and straighter 350m.
FACEBOOK & TWITTER – Click here to read and comment on news generated from our social media pages.
FLATFORD LOCK RE-OPENED! Click here to read report and view pictures courtesy of online local guide ‘About My Area’
RESTORED LIGHTER, JOHN CONSTABLE, HAS RETURNED TO THE STOUR! Some exciting news relates to our historic River Stour lighter, John Constable, having been fully restored and relaunched with passengers services officially launched by Griff Rhys Jones in May 2013. The boat is now available for private charters and educational visits on the stretch between Sudbury and Great Henny.
- Click here for more information about the boat
- Click here to watch the ITV Anglia News coverage (26/09/12)
- Click here to read the East Anglian Daily Times article (29/09/12)
- Click on the links to read the Watercraft article – click here for page 1, click here for page 2
- Click here to ready the Anglia Afloat article (Jan/Feb 2014)
PAGER POWER CHARITY SCHEME – Click here to find out more.