- RESTORED LIGHTER, JOHN CONSTABLE, LAUNCHED
The most exciting news for the Trust is that our historic River Stour lighter, John Constable, has been fully restored and relaunched in September 2012. Plans are underway for the boat to be available for trips and educational visits during the 2013 season.
- Click here for more information about the boat
- Click here to watch the 26/09/12 ITV Anglia News coverage
- Click here to read the 29/09/12 East Anglian Daily Times article
- Click here to read 11/04/13 article on www.aboutmyarea.co.uk/CO10
- Click here to read 13/05/13 article on www.aboutmyarea.co.uk/CO10
- Click here to read the 13/05/13 East Anglian Daily Times article
- PAGER POWER CHARITY SCHEME – Click here to find out more.
- SOCIAL STREAM – Click here to read news generated from our Facebook and Twitter pages.
We organise many events to share our enjoyment of the river and raise much needed funds for the restoration and conservation of the River Stour Navigation.
The River Stour Trust is keen to encourage enjoyment of the river from a young age and the majority of our events are suitable for family groups. Click on the links below to find out more.
2013 RST MEMBERS EVENTS – Click here for details of forthcoming events.
2013 PUBLIC EVENTS
- Teddy Bear Boat Rides – Bank Holiday 27th May 2013
- Coracle Regatta – Saturday 3rd August 2013
- Pirates on the Stour – Bank Holiday Monday 26th August 2013
- Sudbury to the Sea – Saturday 7th – Sunday 9th September 2013
OTHER RIVER EVENTS
The Sudbury Regatta takes place on the Saturday of the first weekend of August each year. The 650m Rowing course is raced upstream from a stake boat start along a course characterised by some challenging bends. One of the highlights of the regatta is the sprint eights event, racing for hip-flasks along the last and straighter 350m.