We organise events to share our enjoyment of the river and hopefully raise much needed funds for the restoration and conservation of the River Stour Navigation.
The River Stour Trust is keen to encourage enjoyment of the river from a young age and the majority of our events are suitable for family groups. Click on the links below to find out more.
ANNUAL PUBLIC RST EVENTS
- Teddy Bear Boat Rides – Bank Holiday Monday 25 May
- Coracle Regatta – Saturday 1 August
- Pirates on the Stour – Bank Holiday Monday 31 August
- Sudbury to the Sea – Saturday 12 & Sunday 13 September
SPECIAL RST EVENTS
- Chamber Music Concert – Wednesday 3 June 2015 (click here to download information)
- Bats on the River – 10/11 June, 8/9 July 2015 evenings to come aboard and watch bats fly low across the river (call 01787 313199 for more information and to book)
- Dragonfly Day – Sunday 28 June 2015 afternoon cruise from Great Cornard to spot dragonflies and damselflies before stopping for tea and cake at The Granary Tea Room (click here to download information)
- Constable, Cuppa & Cake Cruises – Various 2015 dates to be confirmed
RST MEMBERS EVENTS – Click here for details of forthcoming events.
- Dedham Vale AONB and Stour Valley Forum Conference – Thursday 25 June 2015 (9.30am-3pm) The event will include presentations on the work of the AONB and Stour Valley team, and from partner organisations about their work in the area. In the afternoon there will be an opportunity to undertake site visits or take part in a workshop.
- Waterways Triathalon at Hoe Mill Lock – Sunday 20 September 2015 on the Chelmer & Blackwater Navigation in Essex with participants canoeing, cycling and running to raise money for Essex Waterways and The Susan Trust
- Summer Fun at Flatford Mill – July and August 2015 activities (click here to download basis information)
On their Flatford Nature Days (4 & 25 August) – Trusty will be running trips from Flatford to Cattawade, starting at 11.00am, last trip 4pm (Adults £5.00, children with Adventure Day Passports FREE)
- Sudburg Club Regatta – Saturday 1 August 2015 this popular event takes place on the Saturday of the first weekend of August each year. The 650m Rowing course is raced upstream from a stake boat start along a course characterised by some challenging bends. One of the highlights of the regatta is the sprint eights event, racing for hip-flasks along the last and straighter 350m.
FACEBOOK & TWITTER – Click here to read and comment on news generated from our social media pages.
FLATFORD LOCK RE-OPENED! Click here to read report and view pictures courtesy of online local guide ‘About My Area’
RESTORED LIGHTER, JOHN CONSTABLE, HAS RETURNED TO THE STOUR! Some exciting news relates to our historic River Stour lighter, John Constable, having been fully restored and relaunched with passengers services officially launched by Griff Rhys Jones in May 2013. The boat is now available for private charters and educational visits on the stretch between Sudbury and Great Henny.
- Click here for more information about the boat
- Click here to watch the ITV Anglia News coverage (26/09/12)
- Click here to read the East Anglian Daily Times article (29/09/12)
- Click on the links to read the Watercraft article – click here for page 1, click here for page 2
- Click here to ready the Anglia Afloat article (Jan/Feb 2014)
PAGER POWER CHARITY SCHEME – Click here to find out more.